Happy First Monday of Summer Vacation! UFT Solidarity knows that our members really worked to earn this well-deserved summer break. We know that in these uncertain times our union should be a comfort to us. While we cannot guarantee what will happen over the next few weeks or months; you can be assured that UFT Solidarity will always put YOU first.
Several of our member have been asking us for resources to help with the job hunt. Teachers are retiring, resigning, being discontinued (argh!), or looking for a change of scene. There may be positions available that we do not know about yet. While there is nothing on Open Market yet, there might be jobs posted there once schools get their budgets after July 1. To help you get a head start on the job hunt, if you plan to look for greener pastures, we’ve compiled several “older” articles and toolkits. Please book-mark this article so you can refer to these links as needed.
- Looking for a decent boss to look for? Check out the CARE List.
- Need to know which schools to avoid? Check out the ANOI List.
- Need to know if you are “problem coded”? (Especially if you were discontinued or under investigation) Check this out.
- How do you contact a principal via email?
- What are some general job hunting tips?
UFT Solidarity Member Support