Tuesday, December 4 @ 5pm
Address: WeWork Building; 85 Broad Street, 18th Floor
(Subways: 2, 3, 4, 5 to Wall St.; R or W to Whithall St.; J or Z to Broad Street)
RSPVed: Bob, Lydia, James, Claudia (phone), Johnny, Eric, Quinn
Present: James, Eric, Quinn, Johnny, Lydia, Claudia (phone)
- Meeting Dates: January to August 2019
- Post Card and Video Outreach Feedback
- Outreach for Executive Board Seats
- 2019 Platform (sent in email to Council and file shared on Slack)
- Formation of official 2019 Solidarity UFT Election Committee
- Presidential Candidates for 2019 UFT Election
- Professionalism, Attendance, and Responsibilities of Council Members
- Meeting Dates: Thank you to Quinn for scheduling meetings dates for the previous year. Can you please schedule monthly meetings alternating between General Meetings (using Gotomeeting) and Council/Election Meetings every month from January 2019 to Aug 2019? Avoid doing Mondays and Tuesdays; Wednesday- Saturdays work
- Feedback Regarding Postcards and Videos: Claudia has suggested putting her 13 points on a new postcard and distributing at the DA. What do you all think? Will need somebody to spearhead the creation of the postcards and distribution?
- How to pay? James wants to know about our financial assets. We can all contribute if we don’t have assets.
- Quinn said that people know Solidarity. Key is getting the CLs on our side.
- We can also flyer school buildings. We need a flyer by December 12. Johnny and Quinn will help distribute on the DA.
- Can we officially electioneer now? Johnny will email Amy. Francesco says we can electioneer now.
- Can we begin flyering? Johnny will email Amy. Francesco says we start campaign then it’s fair game on flyers and electioneering
- Petitions will be downloadable from UFT Website, any borough office, on or at Jan 13.
- Lydia email Leo Krist regarding designing 13 points into a poster. If no response by Friday, we will use UpWork. Add info about: Help email, Chapter Leader email, and toolbox. We will print out half-sheets colored copies
5 Election Committee: Eric, Lydia, Johnny, Quinn, and Claudia will be the election committee. We can have open meetings for anyone who wants to join.
7 Professionalism and Attendance: After election season is over, we will meet to review bylaws regarding council members.